Intro

I intend to use this blog as a platform for my daily thoughts on a variety of topics. I welcome comments, objections, and questions.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years Resolutions

I think one of our greatest holiday traditions is having New Years Resolutions. Granted, people should have goals all year-round, and should be ambitious in achieving them. But, this end of the year tradition reminds us of our goals and perhaps by sharing them with each other, we all get a little boost in ambition.

So in that spirit, I would like to share my New Years Resolutions:

1. Get into grad school (St. Johns in Annapolis, Maryland is my preferred choice).
2. Continue to work out well and even step up my routine.
3. Join a squash league.
4. Continue to publish daily on this blog - I love writing like this.
5. Make more time to read, starting with Tara Smith's two books: Viable Values and Ayn Rand's Normative Ethics: The Virtuous Egoist.
6. Start taking piano lessons, and maybe trumpet lessons as well.
7. And this should go without saying...go into NYC a lot to see the New York Philharmonic at Lincoln Center! :-D

I'd like to hear yours. Comment! And, happy new years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you go down to MD for grad school, you'll have to find new venues for your classical music addiction!

A Rational Egoist said...

Yes I will! They do have the Kennedy Center down there, which is a decent substitute. But I will be very sad without my New York Philharmonic. They are first rate!