Intro

I intend to use this blog as a platform for my daily thoughts on a variety of topics. I welcome comments, objections, and questions.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

On a Silly Note...

Today I found a link on an Objectivist forum to a duo with a classical music comedy routine. They are not only talented musicians, but they are quite hilarious! Here are several of their videos:

- Their rendition of "I Will Survive" is so ridiculous that it nearly had me on the floor from laughing so hard. The violinist's facial expressions are awesome.

- In this performance, we learn that Rachmaninov had big hands! Hilarious again.

- Here's another one. These guys are so much fun.

- This final video is a demo of their entire act. Some of it contains portions from these videos I've mentioned but there is plenty of additional material.

I want them to come tour in the US!

I also came upon this fun list of quotes - Top 87 Bad Predictions about the Future. My favorite is a speculation about the future of railroads:

"Dear Mr. President: The canal system of this country is being threatened by a new form of transportation known as 'railroads' ... As you may well know, Mr. President, 'railroad' carriages are pulled at the enormous speed of 15 miles per hour by 'engines' which, in addition to endangering life and limb of passengers, roar and snort their way through the countryside, setting fire to crops, scaring the livestock and frightening women and children. The Almighty certainly never intended that people should travel at such breakneck speed." Martin Van Buren

Enjoy!

No comments: